Sumerra is a quickly growing, innovative company that fills a need in the Global Compliance Industry. We are always looking for hard working, self-motivated, & knowledgeable Compliance Professionals with the right experience and interest to join the Sumerra Team.
Positions are most likely to be filled in our Regional Office locations: Portland, Oregon, USA; Hong Kong, China; Bangalore, India; Dhaka, Bangladesh. However, some positions may be operated out of satellite offices throughout the United States and other countries depending on the position.
Please contact Sumerra today to learn more about the positions available within the company. When emailing, please provide a copy of your current resume and explain why you are a good candidate to join the Sumerra team.
All job inquiries should be sent to: Jobopportunities@sumerra.com with attention Hiring Manager.
Are you the perfect Sumerra candidate?
Background of Candidates
Sumerra is looking for candidates with a background, education and experience (minimum 2 years) in the following areas:
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Social Compliance – labor law, worker rights, wages, social audits
- Working in or for Manufacturing Factories, Suppliers or Licensees
- Environment, Safety, Health (ESH)
- Security (C-TPAT)
- Occupational Hygiene
- Structural Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety Management
- Experience working with or for large Manufacturing Brands compliance department (Footwear & Apparel, Toys, Electronics, food etc.)
- Experience reviewing or conducting compliance audits (labor, Health, Safety & Environment, CTPAT)
- This will vary depending on the position the candidate is looking to be hired for, below are the minimum requirements for employees:
- Multi-Year (minimum 2 years) work experience within one of the above backgrounds
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in related field (Business, Human Resources, Environmental, Industrial/Occupational Hygiene, Safety, etc.)
- Ideal work experience includes working as a consultant, manufacturing brand representative, factory or licensee representative, auditor or other professional technical service provider
- Some positions will require the ability and willingness to travel up to 20-50% of the time, sometimes internationally (with possession of a valid passport)
- Proficient in a second language a plus – Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese), Spanish, Japanese, and others
- Global work experience and knowledge of Manufacturing Brands and Retailers preferred